Maiden Voyage Murder is the first game in the Detective Butler series.
In 1962, a popular cruise ship goes out of business after the accidental deaths of two of its passengers. The ship remains a tourist attraction, until it sets sail again half a century later.
The CEO of a wealthy company takes his closest employees and son Gilligan on board for the maiden voyage. Gilligan happens to meet Detective Butler during the cruise, and as the two of them delve deeper into the ship’s history, another incident occurs… Will Detective Butler find the culprit before it’s too late?
- Genre: Visual Novel
- Engine: ONScripter
- Platforms: PC, Mac, Linux
- Release Date: August 10, 2013
- Ten chapters for a total of 40,000 words (about 5 hours long)
- 9 event CGs, 26 background songs, and 3 textbox skins
- Journal system which updates information on each suspect
- Background photos of an authentic haunted cruise ship!
- New ending and epilogue for the 2017 release.
- 14 Steam achievements!
Credits for Detective Butler: Maiden Voyage Murder
|Kinjo||Writing, Programming, Music|
|Shadilyn||Character and CG Art|
|Chocojax||Character Concept Art|